How to help your child at home
There are lots of ways parents can help their child at home. Keep it fun, children learn best through play.
- Read or tell your child a bed time story, this can be done in any language
- Go for a walk and talk about all the things you see
- Ask your child about their day
- Give your child little jobs to do such as helping to set the table.
- Sing songs and nursery rhymes
- Play games
- Go on number hunts, shape hunts and letter hunts. This could be around the house or when walking to and from school.
- Draw pictures and talk about what your child has drawn
- Play with dough
- practice moving in different ways. Hop, jump, skip etc.
- Watch age appropriate TV programmes together and talk about what is happening. Cbeebies have lots of great TV programmes that support what your child is learning about at school
- Encourage your child to be as independent as possible. Encourage them to have a go at dressing and undressing and doing things like putting their own coats and shoes on.